Safety Tips in Homestay
GENERAL SAFETY and RISK PREVENTION ADVICE
- We recommend you have travel & medical insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia.
- Ring 000 for Fire, Police, Ambulance.
- By law, No buying or drinking alcohol if under age 18.
- By law, No buying tobacco/cigarette products if under age 18.
- Ensure you are able to swim before going into water, and only enter the water
between the RED & YELLOW flags at the beach.
- Do not take medicines or tablets without seeking doctors or pharmacy advice.
- By law, you must wear bike helmets when riding a bicycle.
- Do not open the door to strangers or unknown visitors.
- No burning candles in bedrooms.
- If attending places or functions where many people congregate do not leave your drink unattended. Some people may attempt to put drugs into your drink.
- If attending nightclubs or unfamiliar places, it is safe practice to stay with your friends, rather than be by yourself.
- We recommend all students to purchase an Australian SIM Card to ensure your host family can contact you at all times.
- Always carry the phone numbers for your host family and ring them if you are lost or in trouble.
- If you are lost, please call your host family or ESI Homestay 24-hour emergency mobile on 0423 374 908. If you do not have a phone, ask a shop assistant or staff in a public place to ring for you or help. Or ask for directions to a police station nearest to you.
Ready to get started?
Get in touch today